ACTIVE and DYNAMIC classrooms encourage brain power and effective learning. At WittFitt, we strive to provide schools with the best active options from stability balls and rocking stools to standing work spaces.
Since 2004, WittFitt has been the leader in the promotion and integration of movement in the classroom. WittFitt is proud to have clients in ALL 50 US states, Canada, & Puerto-Rico. From preschools and elementary classrooms, to middle and high school settings. WittFitt expertly leads schools through the implementation of movement oriented furniture.
There are many companies who simply sell stability balls or standing desks, but WittFitt is passionate about providing more than just a chair or desk. We team with teachers to secure funding, plan and design the ideal setting for their learners and provide the best educational materials, created by teachers, to ensure safety and effectiveness in the classroom.
At WittFitt, we only specialize in a small selection of products so we can maintain a high level of expertise.
- templates for parent and business donations, as well as grant writing assistance [email us for more info.]
- personalized training to meet the need of each teacher/school
- educational materials, books, and videos to promote movement in the classroom
- access to Google Docs with lessons, handouts, templates, data collection and more
- high quality, durable products manufactured in the US, Italy and Germany
- continued support while using our productsWittFitt also offers active solutions for the home and office setting.
Teacher training designed to meet the needs of each teacher based upon the unique classroom environment, student needs and school/district standards.
During our training, we cover all aspects of integrating the stability balls into the classroom as a health and wellness tool. Inflation and sizing, mini lessons and implementation strategies are discussed.
Teachers wanting to implement the balls in the classroom will participate in our training. We encourage physical education teachers, specials educators, therapists and any additional support staff to attend the training along with classroom teachers.
*Training – by WittFitt – is encouraged when purchasing stability balls.
• On-site – training at your school – no limit to number of attendees – including teachers, support staff & administration from your building. [approx. 2 hours].
• Webinar – personalized training [1-2 hours] via phone and the WittFitt website. Webinars offered several times a week to fit teachers’ schedules. *Requirements: computer , Internet access & speaker phone.
Each school program is customized, so pricing will vary and depends upon the type of training,the number of teachers involved and quantity of stability balls. WittFitt consultants are available to provide assistance identifying and obtaining funding [i.e. small grant writing].
MOVEMENT AND LEARNING
“Our bodies are built to move, yet often our teaching strategies still insist on children sitting for long periods of time during the school day.
Many schools are reducing the number of PE lessons per week, shortening breaks or reducing physical activities within school as they are not seen as ‘core business’. Recent neurological studies show the importance and relationship between movement in the classroom and learning.”
WITTFITT PRODUCTS ENCOURAGE THIS MOVEMENT!
“Active Seating & standing” in the Classroom:
- Optimizes attention and concentration
- Releases the good chemicals to wake the brain
- Increases circulation to the body, especially the brain
- Strengthens core (postural) & back muscle groups
- Promotes proper posture
- Improves balance and coordination
Reference: Moving with the Brain in Mind by Eric Jensen
LEARNING IN MOTION • WITTFITT TEACHERS MANUAL
Learning in Motion is a teacher-ready manual for use PreK through high school. The mini-lessons prepare/educate students to sit on the stability ball. Students ‘earn’ their chance to use a ball as a chair while incorporating health and wellness concepts into the classroom.
Hands-on activities to teach students about their spine, posture and benefits of sitting on the ball, while reinforcing skills such as: cutting, pasting, coloring, tracing, learning letters, singing and more.
Students work to ‘earn’ their ball through a series of lessons covering benefits, posture/the spine, proper use/rules and more. Student write a letter and take a test.
Students learn through an independent work packet about benefits, posture/the spine, proper use/rules and more.
*All materials, including online documents for use with projection technology, are provided.
INCLUDED WITH THE MANUAL
Move & Stretch Reference Cards:
Color reference cards depicting simple moves and stretches to incorporate brief movement breaks easily into the school day. This is a great way to meet the physical activity requirments in conjunction with your school/district/state health and wellness policy.
ON-GOING CONSULTATION & SUPPORT:
Lifetime e-mail & phone communication with WittFitt.
Personalized link on the WittFitt website that provides additional resources & support documents.
Why is movement in the classroom important?
“The more closely we consider the elaborate interplay of brain and body, the more clearly one compelling theme emerges; movement is essential to learning. Movement awakens and activates many of our mental capacities. Movement integrates and anchors new information and experience into our neural networks.”
Excerpt from: “Smart Moves: Why Learning Is Not All In Your Head”
~By Carla Hannaford, Ph.D. Neurophysiologist and educator.”
THE BENEFITS OF MOVEMENT
– Enhances attention and concentration
– Improves learning through movement
– Incorporates health and wellness into the routine
– Promotes “active sitting”- with little to no disturbance
– Improves blood flow to the body, especially the brain
– Strengthens core (postural) & back muscle groups
– Improves balance and coordination
– Adjusts for customized fit to the individual
HOME / OFFICE
At work, the stability ball provides comfortable, ergonomic seating at your desk or workstation. The ball provides much needed relief for those who tend to sit a great deal on the job. During the day, you can stop and stretch on the ball and be refreshed to continue your work. The ball will energize you, keep you alert and help you concentrate.
Complaining of Back Pain?
One problem with sitting in a standard chair is that there is little to no opportunity for movement. With this in mind, it is easy to see how the muscles become tired, resulting in poor posture. This poor posture not only inhibits proper blood flow, but also may, over time, cause back pain. The small muscles that support the spine are not often exercised, like the larger muscles groups in our body, therefore, those muscles are unable to support us and lead to ‘the slump’ while sitting. This is where the ball chair comes in. These smaller, very important postural muscles are ‘worked’ and strengthened by the dynamic seating, slight adjustments and ease of movement that the ball encourages. Further, sitting should mimic standing, in that the body should maintain proper alignment. If this alignment is off, we put pressure on the discs between the vertebrae, as well as ligaments and the muscles themselves. Sitting on the ball alleviates these issues.